By using this website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
What is personal information?
The Privacy Act (1988) describes personal information as information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
For example; name, signature, address, date of birth, or bank account details.
Sensitive information is any personal information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of political, professional or trade associations or trade unions, sexual preferences or practices, biometric templates or information used for automated biometric verification or identification, criminal record or health.
What personal information does Fedelta collect and why?
Fedelta may collect hold, use and disclose personal information about you for the following purposes:
- to provide a Point of Sale business solution;
- to deal with specific support issues that you have raised;
- in connection with services provided to you by your eftpos services provider;
- to provide information to you about Fedelta;
- information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website.
- to analyse statistics and trends on the use of all Fedelta services including the Fedelta website and support centre;
- for applying for and receiving credit checks where you have requested Fedelta provide financing options;
- other purposes which Fedelta identifies to you at the time the information is collected (or as soon as practicable after collection).
Depending on the circumstances, the kind of personal information Fedelta will collect might include your name, address, postcode, telephone numbers, email address, credit card details, direct debit information (where required) and your business contact information. In the case of investigation of finance, the information requested will be detailed separately.
If you do not provide the information Fedelta requests, Fedelta may not be able to provide finance, installation, or support effectively or at all.
How Fedelta collects and stores your personal information
Fedelta may collect your personal information, including:
- directly from you, when you provide it to Fedelta or contractors, including through the website or Support Call Centre or through website technologies such as cookies, cookies, log data, internet tags or web beacons and navigational data collection;
- in the form of system data, which may contain personal information for the purposes of resolving issues or faults with your Point of Sale system;
- from third parties e.g. credit checking, or information from your bank in relation to payments to Fedelta.
Fedelta holds personal information from or about you electronically and in occasionally in paper form.
How Fedelta uses your personal information
The personal information you provide to Fedelta may be used for a number of purposes connected with business operations, depending on the circumstances in which it was collected, including:
- to verify your identity;
- to better understand your Point of Sale needs;
- to improve the quality and provision of services;
- for software and hardware fault resolution purposes;
- in connection with investigations and dealing with suspected fraud and unlawful activity;
- to protect Fedelta’s lawful interests;
- any other purpose that you would be reasonably expected.
- If you are seeking employment with Fedelta, your personal information may also be used for the purposes of employee recruitment and assessment.
Your personal information may be used to provide you with information about products and services. You have the right to opt-out of receiving this information. You may exercise that right at any time by contacting Fedelta.
Sharing your personal information
Fedelta may disclose your personal information in circumstances, such as where there is a legal requirement to do so, where you have consented to Fedelta doing so, or for any of the purposes (or related purposes) listed above.
Fedelta may disclose your personal information to:
- specified persons in accordance with a request made by you;
- people who Fedelta has contracted out services including those engaged in providing Fedelta with professional, business, information technology, corporate and administrative services, when reasonably required.
- Fedelta’s professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
- governmental agencies, including law enforcement agencies, as required or authorised by law; and
- to any other person for any other purpose that would be reasonably expected.
When making such disclosures Fedelta will take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient is has a valid confidentiality and privacy obligation.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, however no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security